1. How to apply
you must submit your visa application in person at the UK Visa Application Centers. This is because your biometric details will be taken at the same time. We strongly recommend that you visit an Application Centre by prior appointment, saving your unnecessary waiting time.
You can make an application in 3 easy steps:-
1. Pay your visa fee at the designated bank branches or alternatively at the bank teller counter at the Visa Application Centers. Click here to get the list of bank branches where the fees can be paid.
3. Visit the UK Visa Application Centre to submit your visa application pack and supporting documents, and for biometric enrolment.
2. Schedule an Appointment
We strongly recommend that you visit an Application Centre by prior appointment, saving you unnecessary waiting time. To schedule an appointment you need to email VFS between 8.00am and 3.00pm, Monday - Friday with the following details
Name and Surname of the applicant
Visa Application Centre that you would like to visit
preferred date and time (Please provide 3 options)
VFS will send you an email by the end of the day confirming your appointment. You need to print this out and carry it with long with you to the Visa Application Centre. Advisable to reach the Application Centre at least 15 minutes before the appointment time.
Please take the complete application pack (completely filled application form, passport, demand draft for the visa fee payable and the suggested documentation) with you, to reduce waiting time.
To apply at New Delhi, Jalandhar or Chandigarh please send an email to
To apply at Mumbai, Ahmedabad or Pune please send an email to email@example.com
To apply at Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad or Cochin please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply at Kolkata please send an email to email@example.com
3. Visa Fees
Option 1 - Demand Draft
You can pay the visa fee by getting a demand draft from any bank in favour of the "British High Commission" payable in New Delhi in case you are submitting in Northern India or in favour of the "British Deputy High Commission" payable in Chennai, Mumbai or Kolkata depending on your region of submission. Bank charges for this service will vary.
Option 2 - At the Visa Application Centers:
You can also pay the visa fee at the time you lodge your application at the Visa Application Centers. Standard Chartered Bank facilities are located in all Visa Application Centers for this purpose. Please note that Standard Chartered Bank will apply a service charge of Rs.100 (inclusive of taxes) for this facility.
Business Visa Requirements:
1. Passport valid at least 6 from the date of return to India with at least one empty page. Please note you should produce all your new & old passports.
2. Completed Visa Form VAF1- All the relevant questions must be answered online & print visa form Back to Back.
3. 2 photos size 45 mm x 35 mm white back ground low- gloss finish
4. Covering letter from the company on letterhead stating applicant’s name, designation, purpose and duration of visit
5. Invitation Letter - From the respective counterpart or company who is extending invitation on company letter head with name, designation & contact details of the signatory.
6. Confirmed hotel accommodation (original and A4 size copy)
7. Appointment or Confirmation Letter- Copy.
8. Income Tax papers for last 3 years (Original and A4 size copy)
9. Bank statement for last 6 months (Original and A4 size copy)
10. Salary Slip for the last 3 moths
Time Taken – 4 to 5 working days
*** NOTE: - THE ABOVE GIVEN CHECKLIST IS NOT FINAL, FURTHER, ANY CHANGE IN FEES, ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT OR PERSONAL PRESENCE OF THE APPLICANT MIGHT BE REQUIRED WHICH IS ON THE DISCRETION OF THE EMBASSY / CONSULATE.